Community Forward Grant
Status: Open Year-Round
Description: The Community Forward Grant was designed to encourage new opportunities, build stronger relationships, and inspire sustainable community developments by providing funding to support community initiatives. The goal is to invest in great ideas and the people who power them, in hopes of granting greater opportunities for innovations, improvements and benefits by community residents. This grant is intended for Alamance County residents, not for nonprofits and organizations.
- This grant of up to $10,000 can provide support to enable activities, projects, and events across all sectors including but not limited to environment, sustainability, sport and recreation, arts and culture, health and wellbeing, and community and neighborhood development.
- We prioritize proposals that will make the county more equitable in opportunities and outcomes, especially for Black people, Indigenous people, Hispanic/Latinx people, people of color and/or people from rural communities.
Eligibility: Project idea is initiated by community members and addresses the direct needs and wants of the community. This grant is not intended to fund projects led by organizations.
- Grant recipients can be a “fiscal agent” such as a religious institution, recognized nonprofit (501)(c)(3) or government entity, as long as the purpose of the grant is utilized by community members.
- Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Purpose and Priorities: Does the proposal respond to the grant purpose, diverse and priority populations, and direct community involvement?
- Value and Benefit: Does the proposal provide value and benefit to the community?
- Delivery and Capacity: Is the proposal and budget outlined? Is this initiative achievable?
How to apply: *Please contact our Community Engagement Manager, Jewel Tillman at 336-395-7009 or Jewel.Tillman@conehealth.com for further details.
*No application for this*